vendredi, septembre 15, 2006

 

Blogue du congrès Tffany


Tiffany de Vancouver
Hi. I'm Tiffany from Vancouver, BC. This is my first Federal convention and so far it seems pretty cool. People are running around everywhere because there's so much to do. I'll keep you posted on what's going on on the floor and around the convention .
Well, it's over.

Le dimanche 10 septembre 2006 17h29

Jack was amazing. I recommend watching his speech on the news or CPAC. I really liked that he talked about the environment, low income housing and reducing student debt. Being a student myself, I know how important reducing tuition fees is to increase accessibility.

I have to say this is my first time blogging and it was a lot of fun to share with you what I thought of the convention. I've decided that I love Quebec City and hate radical cheerleading. For those of you that don't know what radical cheerleading is ... consider yourselves lucky.

Anyway, thanks again for letting me share with you and hope to see you at the next convention!

Jack's up

Le dimanche 10 septembre 2006 12h11

Jack Layton is about to adress to convention. There is a lot of media here. It's good to see that the party is getting so much press. Sometimes I worry that Canada is going the way of the US with two right-wing parties. I'm glad to see that the left is still alive and well in Canada!

Historic day

Le dimanche 10 septembre 2006 00h09

Well it felt like an historic day. I heard Tommy Douglas's daughter, Shirley Douglas talk about her father's legacy and the state of public health care today. Kiefer Sutherland gave a taped address and he was ok but I thought he didn't talk enough about how he felt about the NDP movement.

Melissa

Le samedi 9 septembre 2006 13h37

I just spoke with this cool woman from Surrey, BC. Her name is Melissa and she works for NDP MLA Bruce Ralston. We were surprised that so many issues that we thought were only important to us were also being talked about by delegates from across the country. Things like the homelessness crisis and child poverty. She's so passionate about these issues that it gave me chills.

Great feeling

Le samedi 9 septembre 2006 13h26

I wish every New Democrat could experience the craziness and excitment of convention. So far my favorite moment today was during the Aboriginal Committee. We unanimous passed a motion to keep governments accountable for their promises and obligations by appointing a Parliamentary Commissioner to use international standards as a basis for regular public report cards on government conduct. There was a great feeling in the room of working together.

Checking in

Le samedi 9 septembre 2006 11h13

Everything is in full swing. It seems like everyone is running for some position on the executive or trying to get someone else elected. I'm super-tired but I'm going to go to policy...

Inspiring

Le vendredi 8 septembre 2006 21h11

Stephen Lewis is a really inspiring speaker. I wish more politicians cared about women's issues and the fight against AIDS as he does. He got me thinking that Canada isn't doing enough to help stop the spread of AIDS. I wonder if his speech will get people focused on international issues tomorrow?

Well, it seems like everyone is going to parties tonight. Our 9am start tomorrow is going to hurt.

Steven Lewis

Le vendredi 8 septembre 2006 20h31

Stephen Lewis is addressing the convention right now! He's talking about the International Aids Conference that just happened in Toronto. The room is packed, but you could hear a pin drop because everyone is listening so closely.

Chomsky

Le vendredi 8 septembre 2006 20h07

Noam Chomsky just gave a taped address to the convention. He was great. It was a surprise and he was really excited about our convention.

Getting started

Le vendredi 8 septembre 2006 16h07

Hi. I'm Tiffany from Vancouver, BC. This is my first Federal convention and so far it seems pretty cool. People are running around everywhere because there's so much to do. I'll keep you posted on what's going on on the floor and around the convention.

Commentaires: Publier un commentaire

S'abonner à Publier des commentaires [Atom]





<< Accueil

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

S'abonner à Messages [Atom]